Just as it appears momentum towards comprehensive immigration reform is building in the Senate, efforts to eviscerate the Fourteenth Amendment's guarantee of birthright citizenship are also picking up steam.
H.R.140, the "Birthright Citizenship Act of 2013," introduced by Rep. Steve King (IA-4) on January 3, 2013 now has nineteen co-sponsors.
Alan Nunnelee (MS-1), and David Schweikert (AZ-6) signed on to the bill on January 15, and Kerry Bentivolio (MI-11), Trent Franks (AZ-8), Kenny Marchant (TX-24), and David Roe (TN-1) signed on January 23.
On January 25, the bill was referred to the House Subcommittee on Immigration And Border Security.
is vice president of IREHR. He coordinates our Seattle office, directs our research efforts, and manages our online communications. He has researched, written, and organized on virtually all facets of contemporary white nationalism since 1992, and is internationally recognized for this effort. Devin is frequently quoted as an expert by print, broadcast, and online media outlets. In 2007, he was awarded a Petra Foundation fellowship. more...
Follow him on twitter: @dburghart
Latest from Devin Burghart
- Gun Activists Planning Spokane Armed Protest on March 6
- CPAC’s Recurring White Nationalism Problem
- Inside the South Carolina Tea Party Coalition Convention
- German Islamophobe Steps Down after Publication of Hitler Selfie
- Third Controversial Speaker Scheduled to Speak at South Carolina Tea Party Convention