The Seattle Times reports that the Seattle Police Department Bias Crimes Unit is investigating the appearance of spray-painted swastikas on two synagogues and nearby sidewalks in a south Seattle neighborhood on September 12, 2009.
Eli Varon, vice president of the Sephardic Bikur Holim Congregation, says swastikas were painted Saturday or early Sunday on that synagogue and on the nearby Congregation Bikur Cholim-Machzihay Hadath. Both are in the city's Brighton neighborhood near Seward Park.
is vice president of IREHR. He coordinates our Seattle office, directs our research efforts, and manages our online communications. He has researched, written, and organized on virtually all facets of contemporary white nationalism since 1992, and is internationally recognized for this effort. Devin is frequently quoted as an expert by print, broadcast, and online media outlets. In 2007, he was awarded a Petra Foundation fellowship. more...
Follow him on twitter: @dburghart
Latest from Devin Burghart
- IREHR's Exposure of the "Confederate Cuban" in Raw Story
- South Carolina Tea Party Coalition Scrubs White Nationalist from Website
- Media Release: IREHR Condemns White Nationalist Scheduled to Speak at South Carolina Tea Party Convention
- White Nationalist Scheduled to Speak at South Carolina Tea Party Coalition Convention
- Zeskind Chapter in Book on the Anglo-American Far Right
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter the (*) required information where indicated.Basic HTML code is allowed.