The Seattle Times reports that the Seattle Police Department Bias Crimes Unit is investigating the appearance of spray-painted swastikas on two synagogues and nearby sidewalks in a south Seattle neighborhood on September 12, 2009.
Eli Varon, vice president of the Sephardic Bikur Holim Congregation, says swastikas were painted Saturday or early Sunday on that synagogue and on the nearby Congregation Bikur Cholim-Machzihay Hadath. Both are in the city's Brighton neighborhood near Seward Park.
is vice president of IREHR. He coordinates our Seattle office, directs our research efforts, and manages our online communications. He has researched, written, and organized on virtually all facets of contemporary white nationalism since 1992, and is internationally recognized for this effort. Devin is frequently quoted as an expert by print, broadcast, and online media outlets. In 2007, he was awarded a Petra Foundation fellowship. more...
Follow him on twitter: @dburghart
Latest from Devin Burghart
- Montana Private Ski Club Sides with White Nationalist
- Tea Party Patriots Plan Nativist October Surprise
- A Brief History of Nativism: Part Five
- IREHR research featured in Brookings Institution piece on failure of immigration reform
- Tea Party Patriots Local Affiliated Groups Plunge by Nearly 90 Percent